Welcome 2011!!!! well, do I have some good things in store for you!!
2010 wrapround: On the last 30 days of 2010 (my) life started to change for the better: I joined a Gym, I took my first (and last) trip of the year (Floriiida!!), and I got enough emotional and mental strenght to finally take some steps for the best in certain issues that were bothering me. (kissing the bad boys bah-bye!)
Goals: I have neglected my resolution-making habit on the last years, but I’m planning on taking it back this year, specially since I love to see at the end of the year all that I’ve accomplished and what got left behind. For better efficiency, I have decided to split them in trimesters (like big corporations do ;p). Here are my resolutions for 2011:
* For Jan-Mar my goals are:
1. Pay off my credit card debt. I got a little carried away on christmas shopping. That money wasn’t free, gotta pay for that now. Bummer.
2. Tone up at the gym. My goal is to have a flat belly and 30min running capacity by April. Im already on a diet and I’m hitting the gym 3 times a week; It’s a heavy commitment, but I’m worth every minute at the treadmill.
3. Fix my room.
, paint and bathroom) I already have the bed (gourgeous) and im keeping my old courtains. My bed is soooo comfy. It makes me very happy that my room is finally reflecting my style. Feels like me now.
4. Start learning about stock trading.
My uncle explained the basics to me over christmas, but now is up to me to improve my knowledge. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some good hits on paper, just so I can start trading soon.
* For April-June:
1. Re-open my deposit certificate
(adding to the next round number
2. Start saving for my car.
3. Buy my NYC airticket :). I’m letting myself fall in love with the city again, and for that I need to spend some quality time in the Big Apple. Hopefully close to the quarter-life birthday.
4. Open my US savings account for Egypt. I want to do Egypt in 2012, but also (since I’m already doing the gazillion-hour flight) visit Greece and Turkey. Roughly 4500-5k. Not an easy feat, but I’m willing to save as much as I can to make it happen.
* For July-Sept:
1. Save for my car. Im planing on using all my savings-dedicated money (not much, mind you), but at least I should have anough for the down payment.
2. Go to NYC. Im planning on late september-early october, limited budget of 500us tops.
3. Start trading stocks. I’ll start at US$100-200 depending on how much free $$ I get my hands on.
* For Oct-Dec:
1. Pay off my student loan.
At the current rate, this will be done by november 18.
2. Buy my car. I wish I could get a Masda 3, but I’ll settle for a Kia Piiccanto if it means getting in less debt.
3. Re-open my deposit certificate with 50% more. Not an easy feat, but I’m thinking on the long run, so I better save as much as I can.
4. Stay in shape.
I wish to run 2-3 times a week for 30mins/5K. Im not staying on the gym after April (getting a six-pack ain’t cheap and I have other money priorities) so I need to make sure I commit to the cause once I’m left to my own devices.
On the emotional side, I’m planning on focusin on me this year. I have granted myself license to be totally and utterly selfish. I want to accomodate my surroundings (I started with my room, but it won’t stop there!), cultivate my friendships (old and new), read and write more often, tackle that long-ass to do list (starting with the christmas cards I was supposed to send…before christmas. *sighs*), getting myself up to shape, be financially responsible, travel more (Hello NYC!!) and basically become an improved version of me.
I don’t have Love (with capital L) on my resolution list, not because I don’t want to be in love this 2011 (who doesn’t?!) but because I know that this doesn’t depend on me. All I can do is to be the best Me I can, and let the rest flow. I changed my haircut (uber-short and loving it!), I am adopting healthier habits, Im cultivating myself culturally and socially, I’m exceeding at my job (and I plan on exceeding even more!). I’m on my way to become a better me and I’m loving the ride. Just like Jack from Brooklyn said, if you want to find the one you have to become The One.
Im going with the flow this 2011, ‘cuz it seems like it has quite the ride in store for me!
Lots of blessings,